Thursday 20 July 2017

High Strung (Metaphorically and Actually) FOTD

Good morning everyone!!!

I wanted to show off a look I did today!! I am currently running on coffee, and haven't slept in 30 hours. Pray for me y'all!!



To start off, I washed my face with a non foaming lotion-y face wash. Patted dry, then applied a good amount of Josie Maran's Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter to moisturize and sooth my skin. I then applied 4 pumps of Coppertone Clearly Sheer SPF50 sunblock, and once the Coppertone SPF had set, I applied Shiseido's Wet Force SPF50+ Sunblock!

After the skincare had set and soaked in. I squeezed out a dime sized amount of Make Up For Ever's Green primer, and smoothed that all over my face to neutralize redness. Then pressed Make Up For Ever's Smoothing Primer into my T-Zone to blur pores. For foundation, I squeezed a small amount of Garnier Oily skin BB cream in Light/Medium onto the back of my hand, and took a flat topped foundation brush and stippled/pressed that into my skin for light coverage. Next, I took CoverFX N60 cream contour shade, and buffed and circled that along my cheek bones, and temples. Next, I took my NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer in Custard. And pressed that under my eyes to hide the dark circles. To highlight my cheek bones, I used a mixture of CoverFX N20 and Starlight Illuminater and pressed that along the high points of my face. I quickly powdered using Laura Mercier Loose Translucent powder, pressing it into the skin.

Moving forward, I re-defined the contour, using Jawbone from the Basquiat blush palette, blending upwards!!! I added some colour to my face, using NoHo, a plummy purple blush. And highlighted with Wet N Wild Precious Petals highlighter!



For eyes, I primed with Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and pressed a matte bone shade into the primer to set it. For all of my crease shades, I used the ELF Mad For Matte 1. For a transition shade, I took shade #4, a matte light peachy tan shade and buffed that in my crease and up my hood. For the first crease shade, I used shade #3, a matte light brown. And I buffed that through my crease and onto my hood, but not as high as the transition shade. Switching to a MAC 217, turned it on its side so it was flat, and I took shade #6, a matte deep brown. And placed that directly into the crease andi  outer corner of my mobile lid. I took a Real Techniques blending brush, and did one last blend through, then I picked up ELF's liquid Eye shadow in Rose Gold, and put some on the back of my hand then tapped the cream shadow onto my inner 3/4 of my mobile lids. This is the base shade for this rosey gold look. Next, I pressed Colourpop High Strung a metallic rose gold powder shadow, onto the cream base. This intensified it, and grabbed the shadow and locked it into place! To take the look to the next level, I tapped some of Colourpops Birthday Cake Super Shock Shadow, which is a soft rose with silver glitter, onto the inner parts of my mobile lids. Three layers of mascara on the upper and lower lashes later, the eyes are done!!

For Brows. I took an ELF Neutral Brown Eye Brow Pencil, and lightly filled in my brows, to add depth to them. And set them with Essence Make Me Brow!



For lips, I took BITE Lip Pencil in 016, and filled in my whole lips. then I tapped MAC Twig onto the center of my lips. Lightly blended,

AND WE'RE DONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment