Tuesday 27 June 2017

Venetian Red FOTD - I'll stop doing FOTD's and actually write reviews soon I promise!

Hello friends!! :D

I wasn't planning on doing this post today, but I loved my look so much I had to share it with you all!

Lets jump right in!



For skincare, I washed my face, then I applied three pumps of Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. Then a full dose of La Roche-Posay SPF60 sunblock.

After that sunk into the skin, and set. I applied a thin layer of Hard Candy Ultra Light formula primer over the center of my face to smooth and blur pores.After that dried, I applied Becca Backlight Priming Filter to my whole face for some glow! For "foundation" I swiped my Wet n Wild Photo Focus Concealer in Light/Medium Beige onto my cheeks, around the sides of my mouth, my forehead and between my brows! I took my Wet n Wild flat top foundation brush and tapped/buffed everything out. I took my clean ring finger, and tapped some of my NYX dark circle corrector concealer under my eyes, focusing on my inner corners where I'm darkest. I switched to a flat paddle brush, and tapped a super thin layer of Tarte Shape Tape under my eyes and into my inner corners. To set my undereyes, I took ELF's highlighting brush and rolled that in my MAC loose powder, and then lightly rolled it under my eyes. For the rest of my face, I used a fluffy powder brush from Real Techniques and pressed the powder all over my face!

For cheeks, I took a round foundation buffing brush and dipped into my matte bronzer, and then buffed that up-ward just under my cheek bones, to add warmth and some definition. Next I took a thin angled blush brush and dipped into the reddish plum matte shade from the ELF Dark Blush Palette, tapped off the excess lightly brushed it on my wrist. Then I ran that along my cheek bones for some colour! I highlighted my cheek bones, nose and upper lip with Physicians Formula Light Bronzer.





Eyes were ALL The Modern Renaissance Palette. Yet again! I started off with the last few swishes of Tempera all over. Then took my favourite crease brush and swished two layers of Raw Sienna in my crease and hood as a transition. Next I took the SMALLEST amount of Red Ocher, and I lightly applied that to my outer crease/hood. Switching to my 217 I buffed and blended everything out next. Going back to my crease brush, I fluffed the lightest bit of Love Letter through my crease for more pink/warmth. For the lids, I took a flat synthetic brush and pressed Colourpop Paradox into the modile lids. To "set" Paradox, I dipped into Venetian Red, and pressed that over top. I went back to my 217, and buffed and blended the red up into my crease slightly. I took a pencil brush next, and lightly circled Cyprus Umber into the very outer portion of my eyes to deepen and darken.

I applied a quick layer of mascara next, I only did a light layer because I knew i'd be putting on falsies. After the top dried, I applied some to the bottom lashes. Popped on some falsies.

Added MAC Twig to my lips.

And the look is done!! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment