Saturday 24 June 2017

Fig FOTD

Hello all!! I wanted to show off an eye look I did today that I really enjoyed!

I started with a clean face, (which might I add my bare face is looking better and better lately! :D)




For Skincare, I washed my face with a gentle non foaming cleanser (Marcelle cleansing gel) then I applied three pumps of Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion to my face, and once that sunk in I applied a generous amount of Shiseido Wet Force Sunblock SPF50.




After my SPF had dried, I used a small amount of Hard Candy's Ultra Light Primer, and smoothed that over the center of my face. I then took a very small amount of Make Up For Ever Mattifying primer and tapped that on my inner cheeks, and my nose. At this point, I also applied Too Faced Eye Shadow primer!

For foundation, I used a small dot of L'oreal Total Cover (I'm in the shade 305!) and a flat top foundation brush, and I stippled and tapped that into my cheeks, jaw, and forehead to even out my skin. Next I took Tarte Shape Tape (I'm in the shade Light Medium Honey) and did three dots under my eyes and tapped it to blend out with a flat paddle brush.

I set my undereyes with the pink shade from the ELF illuminating palette. It's a satin finish powder and I'm really digging it! The rest of my face was set with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder pressed into the skin.

For my cheeks, I took a rounded foundation buffing brush and contoured my cheeks. I find with my face shape this technique works really well!! I can find the hollows of my cheek easily. Blush was Clinique Cola Pop applied lightly to the cheek bones. Highlight was Physicians Formula Argan Wear Light bronzer (Its a shimmery super light gold. It's 100% a highlight on my NC23 skintone!)



Brows were combed out with a spoolie, and then I took an angled brush and filled them in with the cooler darker shade in the Annabelle Brow to Go Kit in Medium/Dark. After I finished filling them in, I combed through them again and then added brow gel!

Eyes were already primed, so i pressed a matte bone shade from lash line to brow bone into the lids. Then I went in with MUFE M-646 (Matte light warm brown) and started carving out my crease. I switched to Coastal Scents Barista (Matte medium warm brown) and deepened the outer crease. Next was taking my 217 and buffing and blending everything out. Then I switched to a pencil brush, and added a dot of Coastal Scents Amber Bronze (A metallic deep bronze) to the outer corners of my mobile lids. After placing Amber Bronze onto the mobile lids, I SLIGHTLY brought it up onto my outer crease/hood. I again picked up the 217 and buffed everything out. Next is the main event! I took a thin, synthetic flat brush. And packed MUFE D-826 (Fig. A metallic/glittery plum/purple/burgundy) onto the mobile lid. I lightly blended out the edges. Added MUFE ME-512 (a metallic gold) to my inner corners and a SMIDGE on my brow bone. I switched to a stiff pencil brush, and I sweeped MUFE D-826 under my lower lashline from outer corner to inner corner. Adding a touch of Amber Bronze on the very outer corner of the lashline. Two coats of mascara on the upper and lower lashes later, I also popped on some mystery falsies.

And we're done!

What do you think of this look? :)

2 comments:

  1. Fig is so gorgeous!!! This is a wonderful look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! Iv been itching to use fig every day! I keep having to force myself to use other shades!!

    ReplyDelete