Saturday 6 May 2017

Summer/Warm Weather Faves

Hello pals!!

I wanted to show you all some of my favourite warm weather staples!


Here's an overview of everything. Obviously I don't use all of this every single day. This is just what works for me in the summer/warmer weather!


I love this Freeman Manuka Honey and Tea Tree Clay Mask/Cleanser. I love to use this three times a week on my T-zone, and I'll use this to cleanse my face in the morning! You only need a tiny bit for cleansing. So these bottles usually last me quite a while!! I'm on my third bottle of this.

For moisturizer I'v been using Avon Nutraeffects Hydra Gel Cream. It's a very light gel, that lightly moisturizes my face and doesn't leave me shiny. Yet still hydrates my skin enough to not feel tight!

I also use Dr. Jart+ Water Drop Lotion in the morning. It's a light jelly consistency that when you moosh between your hands has bits of oil in it. It's the lightest moisturizer i'v ever used. It leaves my skin feeling slightly tight. It would work wonders for super oily skin!

When I want a no frills face cream in the summer, I reach for Clinique Dramatically different moisturizing gel! It's a super light gel, that moisturizes my face and isn't oily!

I love to scrub my lips, then apply a small dab of Jack Black SPF25 Lip balm! I'm currently using the LE scent Black Cherry.


These are my current Sunblocks. It's a must for me to wear SPF every day of the year. But it's even more of a must for me in the summer/warm weather!

I love:

Paula's Choice Suncare Non Greasy SPF50.

Coppertone Clearly Sheer SPF50

Supergoop Facial Setting Spray SPF50+++

Neutragena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF30 - Favourite Body SPF.

Peter Tomas Roth SPF30

Shiseido Wet Force SPF50+ / Shiseido Environmental defense SPF40


For makeup, I like Paula's Choice Mattifying primer tapped into my oily parts. And Murad Invisiblur patted into any pore-y areas. 

Blotting sheets are a must for me in the warm weather. I like Clean and Clear's oil absorbing sheets. They work the best for me! 

Powder is also a must. I love to initially set with MAC Loose set powder. Then touch up throughout the day with MAC Blot powder! 

For lips, I love bright, BRIGHT, lipstick. I tend to wear less on the eyes in the warm weather (Less chances for smudging and running!) and focus on bright lips. 

I like: Clinique Chubby Stick in Heftiest Hibiscus (a orange chubby stick) LUSH Santa Baby (matte orange red) Etude House Cherry Tint (A creamy warm pink lip cream) and The Face Shop's Finger gloss (a neon hot pink gloss) 


I'm the type of person that THINKS about tanning, and I'm already tan. If I don't wear any SPF I'm a brown turkey. But since the switch I made three years ago to wearing SPF daily, my skin doesn't get as golden brown anymore.

So I like to give my skin a subtle warm glow in the summer. And for that I use gradual, subtle, self tanners. I prefer St. Tropez, and Jergens Natural Glow.

These give me a non streaky warmth to my skin. I use the deepest options!


For scent, I go through a 30ml of Atelier Colgone's Bergamote Soliel every summer. It's a bright sunny, fresh cut lemon scent that morphes into a more masculine scent over time. It's my favourite and perfect summer scent.

I ADORE Tory Burch's Perfumes in the summer as well!!

Versache Bright Crystal is a beautiful floral/rosey scent for summer evenings.

My deodorant of choice for summer is Dove Men+. It keeps me smell free, and dry! I'm a sweaty gal, because of my Auto Immune Disease, so I need a heavy duty deo to keep me stank free!


Lastly, I use HASK Bamboo oil in my hair to keep my curls smooth and soft!

I also use LUSH's No Drought dry shampoo in my scalp. I wash my hair 2-3 times a week. So I need a good dry shampoo. I used to use spray dry shampoo, but it was SO costly going through a bottle every two weeks. This bottle has lasted me 5 months and it's about 1/4 finished!

For any of my fellow Chubby people, you know Chub-Rub is a thing. And it's the worst!! I wear a lot of shorts, maxi dresses, and skirts in the summer. So I need something to help my thighs that rub together when I walk. So I use LUSH's Silky Underwear. I dust some onto my hands, and then pat onto my inner thighs! I can reapply throughout the day easily too!

What are your summer essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment