Saturday 11 February 2017

Smashbox Halo Long Wear Blush in Warm Glow Review

Good afternoon!!

Today we're talking blush, Smashbox blush to be precisely.





Warm Glow is a warm neutral blush, that leans more orangey on my warm skin. It is a nice satiny finish. No visible shimmers.

The swatch you see is VERY built up. It's about four layers. I find for my Light to Medium skin I need two layers for a natural barely there look, and three for a more visible look.

I'm going to say it. I hate the packaging. It is NOT travel friendly at ALL. which may shock you. I'll turn the dial so slowly and it still grinds WAY more than you needs for a single application, so you dip your brush in apply the blush then you snap the lid shut, right?

WELL. The now loose powder, goes EVERY where inside the container. I'v brought this blush with me on work trips, and I'v opened this up to apply, and blush has DUMPED out EVERYWHERE. All over my hotel bed, and all over my outfit!! Not cool.

I'm almost thinking about grinding the whole thing up, and then dumping into a different container. But I don't know yet.

Pros: Lasts 10 hours on my oily cheeks. Good for light skin, because it's SO buildable and blendable. I think this could work up to Dark end of Medium skin tones. Scent free. Very smooth and soft.

Cons: Packaging sucks. It wouldn't work on deep dark skintones. Pretty expensive for the amount you get. (0.07 Oz)

Overall: 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment